Everyone needs a place to call home.
We’re devoted to building stronger neighborhoods and communities here in Loveland. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. It’s not a give-a-way program, families purchase their homes with a mortgage they can afford, so they have more of their income to take care of themselves and their families. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Decent shelter is something we all need to thrive.
Why Habitat homeownership? If you’re living in overcrowded or unsafe housing, have a job or income but can’t afford your rent, and are ready for the responsibilities of homeownership, you may qualify for Habitat’s affordable homeownership. Our Sierra Valley neighborhood is close to downtown and convenient to shopping and schools, and we’re building duplexes, quad unit townhomes, and single-family homes. Sierra Valley is located on Valency Drive, west of Hwy 287, on the south side of Hwy 402.
If you’re ready to make a change in your life through affordable homeownership, Habitat for Humanity may be for you.
To qualify, Applicants must meet some basic requirements, including:
- Have lived or worked in Loveland for at least one year.
- Have a need for adequate housing, for example: are currently living in overcrowded or unsafe housing, or pay 40% or more of income for rent, or receive subsidized housing. Can’t qualify for a conventional home loan.
- Committed to working 250 volunteer hours of sweat equity per adult applicant.
- Earn within income guidelines.
- Are a US citizen or legal permanent resident.
- No bankruptcy within the last 2 years, no judgments or liens.
- No current non-medical collections (medical collections less than $2,000)
- Current history of paying bills on time.
- Do you qualify? See flyer.
This is just a summary. For more details, or to request an application, email Susan or call at 970-669-9769.